Pre-Press and Print Production
When print projects go beyond using a standard layout or template, clients come to me for help bridging the gap between their ideas and what is possible with the medium of print. Pulling from my experience in pre-press and production at a commercial print shop, I assist my clients by:
- providing guidance about what is and is not possible in print
- suggesting formats, sizes or substrates
- creating print-ready files that will not "fail preflight" at the printer's or be sent back
- adjusting or creating files for finishing techniques like die-cutting, embossing, or foiling
- sourcing local or international printing to suit the client's needs and budget
- liasoning with printers to make sure the outcome is what the client needs!
For clients who have a partially-finished book file and need help bringing it to the finish line, I offer a specific Pre-Press for Books service.